Paper and Stationery Products
- Click to view the Paper and Stationery Products standard (PSPv3.0-2015)
- Status: Current
- Issue Date: Jan. 9, 2015
The standard aims at promoting:
- The application of sustainable management principles in order to safeguard forests and other areas used to obtain fibre raw materials. It is important that operations are managed in a way that minimises disturbance of natural ecosystems and conserves biodiversity. Third party certification is a useful tool to verify sustainable forest management.
- The reduction of emissions to air and water of certain toxic or otherwise polluting substances (e.g. oxygen depleting substances, halogenated organics, phosphorus, sulphurous and nitrogen compounds).
- The reduction of environmental damage or risks related to the use of energy (global warming, acidification, ozone depletion, depletion of non-renewable resources) by reducing energy usage and encouraging energy from renewable resources.
- The reduction of environmental damage or risks related to the use of hazardous chemicals.
- Improved waste management as considerable quantities of waste may be generated between the raw material stage and the completed paper product.