Personal Care Products
- Click here to view the Personal Care Products standard (PCPv4.1i-2013)
- Status: Current
- Issue Date: May 7, 2014
This standard covers toiletry and personal care products such as soaps, shampoos, oral hygiene products, skin care products, cosmetics, deodorants and more. It supersedes GECA’s Personal Care Products (2007) and Shampoos and Soaps standards.
GECA’s Personal Care Products standard includes criteria that address:
- Fitness for purpose
- Palm oil use
- Volatile organic compound (VOC) content
- Phosphorous content
- Accuracy of environmental claims made on label
- The use of ingredients toxic to humans
- The use of ingredients toxic to aquatic life
- Waste minimisation
Detailed overview of changes from previous version of standard.